About the role:
This role will focus on Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp/Netscaler/ZScaler/AWS Workspace platforms and global dispersed infrastructure services running in multiple Cloud platforms supporting applications and services. You will be also part of an existing Cloud & Infrastructure Operations cross-functional team and work.
- Design, delivery and evolution of the virtual desktop and application platforms (XenDesktop/XenApp)
- Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation of the Virtualised Desktop estate including
- Topology representations
- Low level documentation
- Collaborate with internal support staff, application developers, and system owners in the testing of applications, and interoperability with the Citrix infrastructure
- Support the ongoing and future analysis of application usage and impact on Citrix infrastructure, network capacity and/or licensing.
- Participate in and support the planning and development of strategic goals for Transputec Citrix infrastructure
- Contribute to the success of building and maintaining a world-class cloud infrastructure, with key objectives in the areas utilization, availability, capacity, scalability, performance and security management.
- Be a key stakeholder in driving DevOps.
- Work with the technical and business stakeholders to ensure effective designs and application of cloud and hosting services.
- Support Windows platforms in the Public & Private Cloud
- Work in a cross functional DevOps team.
- Driving effectiveness, efficiency and continuous improvement through the use of automation and adoption of appropriate and approved tools.
- Experience as Citrix across the range of, DevOps and Cloud Administrator
- Experience on designing and delivering Citrix and Nutanix infrastructure
- Professional Citrix qualifications and experience of the following Citrix technologies
- XenDesktop & XenApp 7.5 or newer
- Provisioning Services and Machine Creation Services
- User Profile Management
- NetScaler 11 (Gateway, Load Balancing and AAA profiles)
- Experience with XenMobile Enterprise or similar Enterprise Mobility Management products
- Experience of VMware, Hyper V, and/or other server virtualisation technologies
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016
- Design, implementation and maintenance of Cloud DevOps tools and Windows based Cloud Infrastructure.
- Coaching junior members of the team.
- Operational support of Cloud Infrastructure.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental work, testing and deployment.
- Experience with Datacentre migration, Cloud migration, integration and consolidation efforts.
- Strong scripting and coding skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Cloud Services, such as AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Services, such as Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Understanding of Infrastructure As Code and Configuration Management tools.
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
What we offer:
- Career progression in leading technology environment
- Industry recognised In-house training
- Buddy system
- Free parking
- Pensions scheme
- Rewards & Recognition ‘soft’ benefits scheme
- Staff break-out area: pool tables and table football table
- Quarterly team-building events
- Free monthly “international food” lunch for all members of staff.
All our vacancies require the applicant to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK. We are not recruiting for roles in the UAE.
Applications invited from: 12 September 2018
Closing date for applications: 9 November 2018