|Role Description||The role of the Project Manager is to manage multiple internal and customer projects for Transputec customers to corporate Project Management standards (based on PRINCE2). It is a key role in the continuing development of Transputec as a professional service provider. The Project Manager shall report to the PMO Manager. The Project Manager has no direct reports. Resources shall be assigned to the Project Manager for the duration of each project.|
|Location||Head office, Wembley London|
|Required||Unrestricted right to work in UK|
|Status||Permanent / Full Time|
The role of the Project Manager is to manage multiple internal and customer projects for Transputec customers to corporate Project Management standards (based on PRINCE2). It is a key role in the continuing development of Transputec as a professional service provider. The Project Manager shall report to the PMO Manager. The Project Manager has no direct reports. Resources shall be assigned to the Project Manager for the duration of each project.
- To establish and maintain client relationships.
- To ensure Projects are delivered in accordance with their Terms of Reference (as defined in Statements of Work or Proposals).
- To provide advice and guidance on technical matters concerning the provision of Projects.
- To ensure the Project operates in accordance with Transputec’s practices and processes, and to provide advice and guidance relating to industry best practices in Project delivery disciplines.
- To identify and respond to opportunities for provision of products and services to the customer organisation.
- To ensure the successful transition of Projects into services into the Service Delivery area.
- To monitor customer satisfaction levels, respond to customer queries and complaints, escalating when necessary and ensuring the corrective action is taken by the delivery organisation and customer organisation.
- To provide input for services proposals when needed.
- Monitor Project performance by gathering relevant data, to develop and maintain Project Controls.
- Provide Highlight Reports for each project at the frequency agreed in the Communications Plan.
- Provide weekly input to PMO Manager Project Managers Report, containing anomalies and actions taken besides short summary and scorecard for all projects.
- Provide input into the monthly Pre-Board report and pass to the QA & Admin Support Services Director by last working day of each month.
- Ensure personal details are maintained using the Company’s standard tool.
- Ensure compliance with weekly and monthly time sheet completion.
- Ensure compliance with the Transputec working practices.
- Develop, and agree your Training and Development Plan with the PMO Manager.
- Develop, own and agree personal objectives with Head of Services.
- Monitor staff morale and offer help to raise the morale should the need arise.
- Manage your working environment in accordance with Transputec workplace policies.
- Ensure that in the event of sickness, an individual claim form is forwarded to the PMO Manager on the first day back at work.
- Ensure all holiday requests are approved by the PMO Manager before any leave is taken or flights booked, etc.
- Be flexible and be able to work out of hours when necessary.
- Provide input into quality procedures in conjunction with Quality Assurance.
- Provide input into departmental processes and procedures, ensure that these procedures are followed.
- Ensure you are aware of and comply to all client processes when working on client site i.e. Change Control Process, Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure documentation and processes exist for the area you are responsible for and that they are in accordance with Transputec standards and are regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that all Project documents are well maintained in their respective folders.
- Ensure that case studies are always conducted where applicable.
- Ensure that overtime is authorised in advance and complete the Overtime Form before the 20th and submit to PMO Manager.
- Ensure expenses are kept to a minimum and submitted for approval by the 3rd working day of each month to send to Payroll by the 5th working day of the month.
- Ensure all external courses you are booked on are attended to avoid cancellation fees or non-attendance fees being charged.
- Ensure that the Project Profit & Loss Account is maintained, expenses are collated regularly and all fees billed at the pre-set milestones.
- Manage client expectations in relation to delivery and project requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and clients for your area.
- Represent the Project Delivery Teams to the business and clients acting as an ambassador for the Company.
- Forward details of all customer complaints and responses to the Quality Assurance Manager for inclusion in the Quality File as they occur.
- Ensure that the Project RAID Log is maintained for each Project to capture any perceived. Customer issues and/ or risks that may affect customer satisfaction levels.
- Delegates work appropriately and effectively whilst maintaining ownership and responsibility.
- Attends meetings as required based on work being undertaken.
- Assists fellow team members in identifying solutions to problems.
- Possesses good understanding in the relevant technologies.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Transputec’s capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilises each team member to their fullest potential.
- Motivates teams to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction at a management-level, setting and managing client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organisation and objectives.
- Is flexible and be able to work out of hours when necessary.
Project/ Practice Management
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed, requests resources from PMO manager and assigns individual responsibilities upon confirmation of resource allocation.
- Ensures (where practical and possible) that all assigned project resources are notified in 2 days in advance for minor projects and 1 week before major projects, 2 weeks ahead in case of travel required.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to Transputec’s clients.
- Effectively applies Transputec’s methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimises Transputec’s exposure and risk on projects by ensuring technical and commercial assurance is provided prior to releasing Proposals and/ or Change Requests to the Customer
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Review all documents produced by projects to ensure they comply with quality standards and are fully supportable.
- Manages resource allocation for project issue resolution with the recommendation of the project lead architect.
- Ensure that a contingency plan is set up for all projects.
- Ensures that Baseline Project Plan is approved by the PMO Manager in case of major projects.
- Organise and lead CAB meeting when needed.
- Ensure resources and clients have access and entitlements to the proper tools needed during the project including but not limited to licenses, software and hardware.
- Ensure proper RAID log maintenance for every project.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with stakeholders.
- Ensure that proper testing and back-out plans are in place when planning for Changes to be released into the Live Operation (i.e. Implementation and/ or Change Planning).
- Where projects result in Transputec providing ongoing support (i.e. Transition into Service type projects):
- Ensures the production of Inventory information and “As Built” Documentation as part of the Configuration Management and that any required aspect of the Asset and Configuration Management process is in place prior to Service Operation going live
- Ensures that support toolsets, SLAs and Escalation channels, and Customer Communication channels are in place prior to Service Operation going live
- Ensures that the Support/ Operations Team impacted by the new service have been adequately briefed/ trained prior to Service Operation going live
- Ensures that a resource forecast has been produced for the ongoing operation of the service.
Project Financial & Commercial Management
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands Transputec’s pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Ensures requirements are captured and understood and that full consideration is given to all required aspects of the project lifecycle as part of the creation of proposals for projects.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing Terms of Reference and Estimating elements.
- Effectively conveys Transputec’s message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a regular basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Notifies PMO Manager and client for any finance overspends and resulting PCRs.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- All timesheets and expenses to be completed accurately and submitted by the target date.
- Project delivery is in accordance with stated Terms of Reference (subject to Change Control).
- Projects are invoiced in accordance with the agreed Billing schedule.
- All required project records (i.e. P&L, RAID Log, Project Plan) are maintained regularly and are available at the agreed shared location.
- Highlight Reports submitted to the Customer at agreed frequencies.
- PRINCE2 Certification
- 2 Years minimum previous Project Management experience.
- Previous experience working in an IT Service provider essential, ideally with exposure to Government services
- Ability to lead teams effectively both through structured coaching and delivering by example
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills
- Educated to ‘A’-Level standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Committed to succeed
- To be an ambassador for the Company and its services