About the company
Transputec is an established Information Technology Services and Solutions company with more than 30 years of IT innovation and excellent customer service. Transputec was founded by two computer science students from Imperial College in their dorms. Developing applications for the banking industry and then migrating to a full IT services organisation. We believe in flexibility, quality, agility. We see this simply as the ability for us to grow our services as quickly and with the speed our clients expect, whether they are enterprises or small/medium sized organisations.
6 months (immediately available).
This would be suitable, practical hands-on work experience. The candidate may join a project at the initial implementation stages to assess potential risks, or be brought on to a project midway through, when testing becomes a key requirement.
- working with software developers and project support teams;
- monitoring applications and software systems;
- stress testing;
- performance testing;
- functional testing;
- scalability testing;
- writing and executing test scripts;
- running manual and automated tests;
- testing in different environments including web and mobile;
- writing bug reports;
- working towards departmental and project deadlines;
- quality assurance;
- providing objective feedback to software development project teams;
- designing tests to mitigate risk;
- presenting findings to software development and business user teams;
- working on multiple projects at one time;
- document analysis;
- liaising with project teams in other parts of the world;
- Communicating findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
Typical duration of our internship programs are 6 months and where appropriate interns can work from home (UK or international). We are flexible with the location of work, however the work time is usually aligned with UK hours (9am to 6PM).
We also take interns that are taking one year about in-between their studies as part of their degree or postgraduate. Not all internships are on a paid basis and candidates selection process can involve multiple interviews.
You may wish to learn more about past intern’s experience by visiting this link.