About the company
Transputec is an established Information Technology Services and Solutions company with more than 35 years of IT innovation and excellent customer service. Transputec was founded by two computer science students from Imperial College in their dorms. Developing applications for the banking industry and then migrating to a full IT services organisation. We believe in flexibility, quality, agility. We see this simply as the ability for us to grow our services as quickly and with the speed our clients expect, whether they are enterprises or small/medium sized organisations. The successful intern will also be working with experienced digital marketing experts.
6 months or more
Unpaid work experience.
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer Intern to join our team! As a Software Engineer Intern, you will collaborate with our senior leaders on assignments.
Software Engineer Intern duties and responsibilities
- Developing applications (coding, programming)
- Debugging and testing code
- Documenting and testing new software applications
- Researching, investigating and fixing a wide range of technical issues
- Collaborating with senior leaders
- Approaching problems and creating solutions
- Proactively learning about new technologies
Software Engineer Intern requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area
- Experience with various programming languages
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Highly developed analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Typical duration of our internship programs are 6 months and where appropriate interns can work from home (UK or international). We are flexible with the location of work, however the work time is usually aligned with UK hours (9am to 6PM).
We also take interns that are taking one year about in-between their studies as part of their degree or postgraduate. Not all internships are on a paid basis and candidates selection process can involve multiple interviews.
You may wish to learn more about past intern’s experience by visiting this link.