|Role Description||We are looking for an accomplished Senior Network Engineer with proven physical data centre experience to assist with evolving current physical networks into the public cloud sphere.|
|Location||Wembley / Remote|
|Status||Permanent / Full Time|
Transputec are an expert solutions provider with an industry wide reputation for excellence. Supporting many reputable organisations and big brands with Managed Services provision, development capability and professional IT procurement means we are growing FAST! With more clients and exciting emerging technology innovation on the horizon and BIG plans for the future, we need to add to our amazing global team. If you are keen to learn more about Transputec’s journey and have the skills, we need then we can’t wait to speak with you.
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Network Engineer with proven physical data centre experience to assist with evolving current physical networks into the public cloud sphere.
Your role will include design and implementation of new networking and technologies for existing managed services clients.
Essential skills you will need
- A trusted, hands on professional and technically competent Senior Network Engineer
- Any exposure to Cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure will also be advantageous to your application.
- In alliance with technical and service delivery teams can identify issues and ensure through consistent involvement that they reach a positive resolution. Strong communication with stakeholders throughout the process is imperative.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network, system, and/or security problems.
- Be able to demonstrate in-depth network experience especially in the design and implementation of multi-site LANS and WANs.
- Comprehensive experience of Cisco switching
- Solid understanding of routing protocols including BGP\EIGRP\OSPF
- In-depth knowledge of wireless technologies with experience of global Meraki deployments
- CCNP or CCIE or equivalent knowledge.
- In-depth experience with a leading Firewall technology Palo alto\Fortinet.
- Strong understanding of network security to implement Layer7 technologies
- In-depth knowledge of SD-WAN preferably Citrix technologies
- Experience of MPLS network and VPN networks
- Previous experience of implementing QoS and troubleshooting QoS issues in a Cisco environment
- Ability to liaise with 3rd parties for troubleshooting and fault resolution
Desired skills and experience
- Experience working with Cloud Solution Providers (Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Experience with Azure ExpressRoute and cloud connectivity.
- Experience with VMWare NSX, Micro-Segmentation and Software defined Networking.
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g., ISO)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment