|Role Description||As the Head of Professional Services, you will provide the strategic vision and lead onboardings and client transformation projects for Transputec’s Professional Services Division. Reporting to the Director of Services, you are responsible for developing strategies and recruiting best in class engineers and consultants to architect and deliver secure and reliable solutions and digital transformation programs to our external clients.|
|Location||Head office, Wembley, London|
|Required||Unrestricted right to work in UK|
|Status||Permanent / Full Time|
As the Head of Professional Services, you will provide the strategic vision and lead onboardings and client transformation projects for Transputec’s Professional Services Division. Reporting to the Director of Services, you are responsible for developing strategies and recruiting best in class engineers and consultants to architect and deliver secure and reliable solutions and digital transformation programs to our external clients.
You will partner across the organisation to lead, build and scale a professional and consultancy services business in a bold, fast-moving, transparent and values-led Managed Service Provider to enable customer and company success.
You will be working closely with the Transputec PMO to ensure the delivery of products on time, within budget and quality while building and maintaining project teams so that they are motivated, communicating and working well.
This is a new role and is an exciting opportunity to create, mould and transform a service from the outset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain a world-class professional service’s team capable of delivering standard and highly customized environments.
- Manage a team of professional service engineers, consultants, Solutions Architects and other team members as required.
- Build clear structure, processes and playbooks to deliver best-in-class consultancy and projects services with a focus on quality, budget, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead delivery of project and consultancy implementation, and digital transformation services to our customers, overseeing resource management, technical project delivery, and operational success metrics
- Completion of initiatives to improve quality, reliability and repeatability of projects and consultancy
- Financial success for the Professional Services organization (i.e., bookings, revenue, project and gross margin, revenue per employee and billable days per employee)
- Delivery metrics (i.e., customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, utilisation)
- Be responsible for delivering the agreed monthly non-recurring revenue target.
- Engage with Service Delivery team and Sales team to identify opportunities within existing customer base
- Maintain the monthly and quarterly revenue forecast by ensuring consultant bookings and timesheets are regularly completed and approved.
- Manage project transition into managed services where applicable.
- Mitigate against the financial impact of project overruns by securing appropriate early commercial cover for change requests and reworks.
- Escalation support for project issues and blockers.
- Managing third party suppliers and subcontractors including sourcing, onboarding, ongoing coordination and cost control
- Ensure suitable attendance for customer project pre-engagement, initiation, sprint and backlog planning and project governance review meetings.
- You have prior experience of leading Professional Services teams in a fast-paced Managed Service Provider and IT consultancy that have multiple clients.
- Demonstrable experience managing, leading and/or delivering professional or consulting services to external clients.
- Proven experience building and leading a team in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling a professional services business.
- Excellent administration and data processing skills.
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of Prince2 Agile methodology.
- Excellent financial understanding of project based billing schemes including fixed price, milestone and time & materials.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies across modern Workplace and Azure.
- Working knowledge of other commercially available PSA and Agile software platforms.
- You have excellent communication & people skills & have the ability to communicate technical solutions to different audiences.
- You have extensive knowledge of hybrid and public cloud offerings (AWS and/or Microsoft) and general infrastructure solutions.