|Role Description||The AWS CloudEngineer will be responsible for the highest levels of technical support, optimisation, enhancements, and architecture design for our Cloud based services and customers. In this role the AWS CloudEngineer will work collaboratively within the Infrastructure Department reporting to a team lead or manager. You will be responsible for the implementation, operation and maintenance of secure and highly available technical systems within Cloud.|
|Required||Unrestricted right to work in UK|
|Status||Permanent / Full Time|
- Drive the adoption of Cloud technologies for the benefit of the customer
- Designing, building, testing, configuring and implementing/migrating Cloud-based solutions using PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and DaaS offerings.
- Day-to-day management and governance of the Cloud environment primarily within AWS (Amazon Web Services) and other selected Cloud platforms to support compute, storage, network and other infrastructure Cloud requirements and demands.
- Manage and oversee the technical changes, maintenances and migrations of customers solutions
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions
- Provide strategic and operational guidance that will allow customers to continually optimise their Cloud environments to achieve their business goals and maximise return on investments
- Troubleshooting issues, participating in on-call rotation where required.
- Ability to collaborate with and manage diverse cross functional teams for successful customer outcomes
- Monitoring tools such as e.g. AWS CloudWatch
- Extensive experience and a deep technical understanding of AWS Cloud Infrastructure is essential.
- Relevant product knowledge of other Cloud computing services such as Azure / Google Cloud Platform etc. is desirable.
- Relevant product knowledge of storage/server/networking technologies.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement to continually improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Essential Communication and Reporting skills.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in Ruby, Python, Golang and/or Java programming languages. Proven ability to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Infrastructure as Code and automation/orchestration technologies, such as Puppet / Chef / Ansible Tower / Jenkins / Terraform.
- Knowledge of IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices, can manage risk.
What we offer
- Career progression in leading technology environment
- Industry recognised In-house training
- Buddy system
- Free parking
- Pensions scheme
- BUPA after one year’s service
- Rewards & Recognition ‘soft’ benefits scheme
- Quarterly team-building events
- Staff break-out area: pool table and foosball table
All our vacancies require the applicant to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.