|Role Description||Providing 2nd line support to our clients both remotely as well as desk side.|
|Required||Unrestricted right to work in UK|
|Status||Permanent / Full Time|
Providing 2nd line support to our clients both remotely as well as desk side.
- To provide technical support; answering support queries via phone, email & self service
- Supporting staff via remote assistance, providing a high level of resolution at first contact
- Deskside support of both Windows and Mac devices
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries, adhering to all service management principles (Incident Management Process)
- To take ownership of user Incidents and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the Service Desk toolset, maintaining a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- To capture accurate and truthful information from users on all incidents & requests, ensuring CI relationships are highlighted (Asset Management)
- Respond to requests from users and help them resolve hardware or software requirements
- Support users in the use of IT equipment by providing necessary guidance and advice.
- To escalate more complex calls to Senior level technicians/Service Desk Manager (to include Infrastructure/Problem Manager were dictated)
- To work with 3rd party technical support where incidents or requests cannot be resolved internally
- To highlight trends and major incidents to Service Desk Manager immediately
- Where required visit branch sites to undertake 1-2-1 support and complete scheduled and project work
- Meet service level targets for creation, resolution and closure of service desk calls on a monthly basis
- Maintain an acceptable level of service to the customers and business
- Meeting SLA’s as agreed within yearly objectives (calls logged/resolved, Answer rate/Abandon etc)
- Consistent and reliable service delivered against all types of incidents & service requests
- To correctly categorise incidents and set applicable priorities by impact vs severity
- Consistent approach to all service desk calls
- Ability to escalate complex service issues
- To maintain and deliver IT knowledge and process documentation where required
Governance and Process
- Follow approved Incident Management & Service Request processes for all service related issues
- Follow approved escalation procedures for all complex issues
- Values met
- Follow approved Phone Support Process to ensure a consistent approach for all users
- A skilled technical engineer who will ideally reside in West/North West London (or counties) and who will work both from our offices in Wembley and at client locations in and around London.
- This role will involve:
- Providing 2nd line support to our clients both remotely as well as desk side;
- Network and desktop (Windows OS & OS X) support;
- Installations of OS X and Windows;
- Raising, updating and closing calls via our service management system;
- Meeting and conferring with senior IT management to provide updates and reports.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing 2nd line support on Windows/OS X and Desktop applications.
- Ideally will be MSCA/MAC qualified or en-route to achieving these qualifications.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), antivirus software, and other desktop applications.
- Good experience supporting the Apple Platform, Mac OS X and Windows OS.
- WAN/LAN troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with setup and troubleshooting of mobile devices, printers and other peripherals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Team player who is willing to share knowledge.
- Excellent telephone & customer service manner
- Excellent understanding of IT hardware set-up and configuration
- Focused on quality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure that company processes and procedures are put in place
- Knowledge of supporting Citrix environments
- Use of ITIL based incident/request logging tools
- ITIL Foundation (v3)
- Industry IT standard certification (MCP or similar)