|Role Description||This role offer internal and external technical pre-sales to provide infrastructure and software advisory and architecture support. When projects are approved by the Customer the Technical Solutions Consultant is actively involved in the project delivery, providing the hands-on skills necessary to deliver the solution and service successfully. Additionally, the Technical Solutions Consultant acts as a high-level of technical escalation where major incidents occur for Transputec’s Managed Services Customers that cannot be resolved by other technical staff.|
|Location||Transputec offices in Wembley|
|Required||Unrestricted right to work in UK|
|Status||Permanent / Full Time|
Offer internal and external technical pre-sales to provide infrastructure and software advisory and architecture support.
When projects are approved by the Customer the Technical Solutions Consultant is actively involved in the project delivery, providing the hands-on skills necessary to deliver the solution and service successfully.
Additionally, the Technical Solutions Consultant acts as a high-level of technical escalation where major incidents occur for Transputec’s Managed Services Customers that cannot be resolved by other technical staff.
The role will report to the PMO Manager.
Technical pre-sales (internal and external)
The primary function of the role is to take charge and manage the delivery of the Company’s technical requirements, both from an internal and external pre & post-sale supporting position. You will also be required to help lead and develop all areas of our technical resource to include, project installations, client technical proposals, internal technical sales training, technical vendor certifications, mentoring and monitoring, and internal system/s management.
Small solution and service design
- Enhancing, or developing, new fulfilment solutions and processes across a variety of operational areas
- Develop, evaluate and agree both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Identify and agree business requirements and assumptions
- Identify and develop all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
- Gather requirements and assumptions, performing analysis and generating safe, productive, and economically viable designs
- Design productive, safe and value for money solutions, which fully meet business requirements
- Determine and specify any building requirements, assets or enabling works required
- Gain stakeholder agreement of processes and proposed solutions
- Deliver time-critical solutions, involving new challenges and technology
- Mentoring and development of team members
Project implementation and delivery
- Being the principal lead on major implementation projects working closely with the sales and projects team providing quality assurance checks on network designs.
- Creating detailed design documentation (low level design) for large and/or complex projects.
- Provide expert design and deployment of complex projects/installations, employing the latest technologies, and in conjunction with engineers ensure they are fully commissioned, tested on time and to budget.
- Provide the hands-on technical expertise to implement solutions throughout the delivery of projects and make sure that the customer receives a quality end-product.
Client technical advisory
- Provide technical advice and support to customers and other Transputec teams.
- Where requested, to provide technical assurance that all solutions offered to customers are
- Capable of meeting the Customers requirements and
- specified at a suitable level of detail so as to pose no commercial risks to Transputec
- Define Work Package Specifications in conjunction with Project Management as required for Infrastructure Solutions Projects
- When facing Project Issues and Changes conduct impact assessment and identify resolution options.
- Highlight issues during Work Package Delivery and notify the Project Manager of the resources needed for the issue resolution
- As part of a “Transition into Service” phase or project, ensure that “Known Issues and Workarounds” and “Common Faults and Resolutions” are identified and documented, and that the Transputec Support Team(s) understand what is required of them
- Provide input into the development of Service Capabilities by working with the PMO Manager to construct standard product/ service offerings
- Maintain suitable levels of certification applicable to the role
- Achieve agreed billable and utilisation targets as defined in the Balanced Scorecard
- Deliver projects to the agreed Bill of Materials and Project costs
- Maintain current knowledge of IT Industry in terms of new technologies, products or practices which improve the Transputec Service Portfolio
- Seek opportunities to improve the effectiveness of the Project Delivery process and associated resources
- High level Support and Implementation experience of (for both current and emerging technologies)
- Server and Storage Hardware, Operating Systems and Hypervisor Layers
- Networking (Wi-Fi, switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, etc.)
- Messaging platforms (i.e. MS Exchange/O365)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service ‘cloud’ technologies; including provisioning, management and delivery mechanisms
- Backup, Replication and Disaster Recovery technologies
- Ability to understand customer requirements and to implement a range of solutions (utilising the technologies above)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- ‘Can-do’ Attitude
- Commitment to Success
- Problem solving and ability to work methodically and logically
- To act as an ambassador for the company
- PaaS technologies
- Hybrid cloud integration and adoption (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Security technologies
- VDI / Thin client technologies
- Systems Management technologies
All our vacancies require the applicant to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.