Purpose of the position
The purpose of the position is to provide technical support within the Professional Services team in a varity of technologies but with a focus on M365 projects for Transputec clients.
Main duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will work within the professional services team working with project managers on various client projects possibly running simultaneously. The incumbent will be involved in the following duties:
Small solution and service design
- Enhancing, or developing, new fulfilment solutions and processes across a variety of operational areas
- Develop, evaluate and agree both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Identify and agree business requirements and assumptions
- Identify and develop all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
- Gather requirements and assumptions, performing analysis and generating safe, productive, and economically viable designs
- Design productive, safe and value for money solutions, which fully meet business requirements
- Determine and specify any building requirements, assets or enabling works required
- Gain stakeholder agreement of processes and proposed solutions
- Deliver time-critical solutions, involving new challenges and technology
- Mentoring and development of team members
- Propose, adapt, implement, deliver and configure optimized scalable Microsoft O365 email solutions and related systems including Microsoft Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016, Exchange 2019, Exchange Online and hybrid-based messaging infrastructure as well as other O365 services for Transputec clients (including Teams and other collaboration tools within the M365 technology stack.;
- Responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining standard configurations, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Identify technical problems, propose and implement solutions;
- Undertake appropriate impact assessment of 365 updates;
- Analyse highly complex technical issues, proposing solutions in an environment that may present conflicting requirements;
- Design, develop, implement and support various integration across the Microsoft 365 suite of solutions to maximise functionality and service to the business;
- Participate in the development of solutions adapted to the needs of internal and external customers, end-users and all stakeholders, communicate trends to management and drive M365 product improvements;
- Support the evolution of the M365 services by contributing to the design and implementation of new service features;
- Work in close collaboration with other technical teams including Information Security, Architecture, Service Management, etc.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal efficiency and customers happiness by finding opportunities to optimize existing processes and tools;
- Under guidance, draft technical documentation on the M365 services and related procedures and operations;
- Keep abreast of Microsoft O365 good practices, new trends and services and evaluate these for possible adoption within the team;
- Produce high quality design documentation and provide guidance and support to ensure the business gets the most from the platform;
- Create, develop and deliver technical roadmaps;
- Schedule and deliver technical implementations.
Key competencies include
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
- Fostering integration and teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflecting way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Communicate in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- At least eight years of relevant IT experience;
- At least three years demonstrable experience delivering Microsoft 365 solutions in a fast-paced environment;
- Deep understanding of the Microsoft 365 platform stack;
- Demonstrable experience in deliverying projects in a variety of technology platforms;
- Demonstrable experience designing and executing multiple migrations from on-premise to cloud based solutions;
- Experience of integration of hybrid on-premise and cloud platforms;Plan and undertake research and assessment of emerging 365 technologies;
- Proven experience in designing, delivering and supporting Windows Systems, Productivity Software and Active Directory that deliver mobile, flexible ways of working for the business;Skilled in advanced troubleshooting across the Microsoft 365 stack;
- A track record of promoting/evangelising enhanced services and business delivery through the appliance of 365 initiatives;Experience of automation of processes; Knowledge and experience of working with AWS, IOS and Android platforms would be an advantage; Evidence of outstanding working relationship with end users in exceeding their expectations;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in migrating projects from on-premise systems to Microsoft O365 and related integration features;
- At least one year experience in scripting, in particular PowerShell scripting, to automate processes in MS Exchange and other O365 components;
- Experience analysing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016/2019/Exchange Online;
- Sound conceptual knowledge and hands-on experience of key Microsoft O365 services and features;
- Sound conceptual knowledge of MS Active Directory / Azure Identity (Azure Active Directory, AAD Domain Services, AAD B2C, Azure Information Protection, SSO, MFA, etc.);
- Sound knowledge of SMTP Relay, Mail Gateway, Spam and Virus filtering systems (Mimecast or similar);
- Solid knowledge and experience on Microsoft Technology landscape including various server products;
- Knowledge of general architecture, deployment and administration methodologies and techniques including systems configurations, clustering, networking, OS administration (Windows/Linux), visualization (VMware), monitoring (SCOM), security, etc.;
- Exposure in Information Security Management System (ISMS: ISO 27001), ITIL framework and other industry standards:
- Microsoft O365 Certification(s)
- Other related Microsoft Certification
- Citrix/VMware certification
- ITIL certification
- PRINCE2 certification