We are currently seeking NOC Engineers to join our team. The role of NOC Engineer is to provide network monitoring and troubleshooting, as a NOC engineer you will interact frequently with technical support, service provisioning and sales teams so it's important that you are clear and concise in your communications. You will also work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task and prioritise work appropriately.
As Network Operation Centre (NOC) engineer you have three main functions:
- to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- to provision customer network services on core equipment
- to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
1 What We Need
A minimum of 12-18 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Basic Linux CLI skills.
- Basic sysadmin skills.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
2 Your Duties/responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the Transputec tool set of (ConnectWise and Auvik) monitoring systems (these report on the status and performance of Client networks, ISP services and facilities).
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on client’s systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Monitoring and tool installation, customer backups and AV.
- Server and application upgrades, patch reporting.
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at private data centres and client locations).
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Transputec's own architecture and platforms.
- Participate in a 24x7 rota.