The overall spend on IT outsourcing has risen strongly this year, already up 12% in 2017 compared to 11% in 2016, according to the latest IT Spending and Staffing Benchmarks study by Computer Economics. The largest percentage of this outsourcing budget spend is being pumped into two key areas – service desk and web operations, due to a growing awareness of the economies of scale that service providers can make in these areas.
It goes without saying that hiring a full helpdesk with managers, specialists and extra staff to cover absences can significantly increase your payroll. And plenty of organisations are left frustrated by the high cost of providing a 24/7 helpdesk service that’s frequently underused.
In addition to the balance sheet, there are several reasons why ever more companies are starting to favour the outsourced IT support model. Here are five of the best:
- Rapid resolution: Remote support can be the quickest and most effective way to resolve an IT issue due to the consistent availability of staff. While your in-house team may be onsite, chances are they may be away from their desks, or be busy resolving another ticket. A remote support desk, however, will always have engineers ready to resolve your issues. Downtime can easily be minimised if help can be dispatched immediately, instead of a response that takes a few hours.
- Access to experts and cutting edge technology: A managed service desk will always provide IT professionals who are constantly updating their knowledge base – at no cost to you. Many companies, SMEs in particular, do not have the internal resources to provide the latest technology. A managed service desk provider will almost always be partnered with leading global tech companies so they tend to have their finger on the pulse when it comes to the latest tech innovations.
- ‘Always on’ 24/7, 365: Outsourcing to qualified professionals during non-peak hours and across different time zones is a necessity nowadays and an automated response just won’t cut it when staff and customers in different time zones are awake and in need of access, data, records and so forth.
- Reduction in repeat calls: A trained case handler can ensure that complicated issues are properly resolved, which reduces the time your people will spend chasing up faults. If your business uses several different systems, your in-house resource will find it difficult to deal with every problem that arises.
- Better support: Outsourced support has the ability to deal with end users via multiple platforms i.e. chat, email, SMS and telephone on a range of issues from troubleshooting to, hardware and software support, remote access and so on.
Are your internal and external customers frustrated by the inconsistent service they receive from your IT service desk? Are tickets slipping through the net due to a lack of resource, with the result that customers’ issues are left unresolved and their productivity or user experience is negatively impacted? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, you may be one of the growing number of organisations that is looking to outsource your service desk.
Transputec provides a consistent 24/7 help desk support that either replaces your service entirely, or fills in the gaps that you cannot cover yourself. We are flexible to your needs and can offer a fully outsourced or hybrid model that either supplements your own in-house team or replaces it.
You can even make the most of your budget by paying for support only when you need it and not when you don’t. We have a track record of high response rates that meet your KPIs and outstanding incident resolution expertise. Contact us and we would be delighted to walk you through other aspects of our service and how we can tailor it to the needs of your business.