Protecting your information against insider data breaches
The GDPR shifts the goalposts for businesses and represents a fundamental change to the risks associated with data protection. The GDPR places a duty on data controllers and data processors to take appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information against loss or unauthorised access.
These measures should include:
- Ensuring you have visibility into hackers, data leakage, and suspicious activity inside your network
- Ensuring that your office physical security is adequate
- Implementing a strong password policy with regular changes
- Patch management: Implementing new security patches as soon as they become available
- Training your employees, creating awareness of security policies and a security culture