- To ensure Projects are delivered in accordance with their Terms of Reference (as defined in Statements of Work or Proposals).
- To ensure the Project operates in accordance with Transputec’s practices and processes, and to provide advice and guidance relating to industry best practices in Project delivery disciplines.
- To ensure the successful transition of Projects into services into the Service Delivery area.
- To monitor customer satisfaction levels, respond to customer queries and complaints, escalating when necessary and ensuring the corrective action is taken by the delivery organisation and customer organisation.
- To provide input for services proposals when needed.
- Delegates work appropriately and effectively whilst maintaining ownership and responsibility.
- Attends meetings as required based on work being undertaken.
- Assists fellow team members in identifying solutions to problems.
- Possesses good understanding in the relevant technologies.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Transputec’s capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Motivates teams to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction at a management-level, setting and managing client expectations.
Project/ Practice Management
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed, requests resources from PMO manager and assigns individual responsibilities upon confirmation of resource allocation.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to Transputec’s clients.
- Effectively applies Transputec’s methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimises Transputec’s exposure and risk on projects by ensuring technical and commercial assurance is provided prior to releasing Proposals and/ or Change Requests to the Customer
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Review all documents produced by projects to ensure they comply with quality standards and are fully supportable.
- Manages resource allocation for project issue resolution with the recommendation of the project lead architect.
- Attend CAB meeting when needed.
- Ensure proper RAID log maintenance for every project.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with stakeholders.
- Ensure that proper testing and back-out plans are in place when planning for Changes to be released into the Live Operation (i.e. Implementation and/ or Change Planning).
- Where projects result in Transputec providing ongoing support (i.e. Transition into Service type projects):
- Ensures the production of Inventory information and “As Built” Documentation as part of the Configuration Management and that any required aspect of the Asset and Configuration Management process is in place prior to Service Operation going live
- Ensures that support toolsets, SLAs and Escalation channels, and Customer Communication channels are in place prior to Service Operation going live
- Ensures that the Support/ Operations Team impacted by the new service have been adequately briefed/ trained prior to Service Operation going live
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Notifies PMO Manager and client for any finance overspends and resulting PCRs.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Project delivery is in accordance with stated Terms of Reference (subject to Change Control).
- Projects are invoiced in accordance with the agreed Billing schedule.
- All required project records (i.e. P&L, RAID Log, Project Plan) are maintained regularly and are available at the agreed shared location.
- Highlight Reports submitted to the Customer at agreed frequencies.
- PRINCE2 Certification
- 5 Years minimum previous Project Management experience.
- Previous experience working in an IT managed service provider
- Ability to lead teams effectively both through structured coaching and delivering by example
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Committed to succeed
- To be an ambassador for the Company and its services