Purpose of the position
The purpose of the position is to provide technical engineering services within the Professional Services team in a varity of technologies but with a focus on Microsoft 365 solutions. Projects will be delivered to multiple clients.
Main duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will work within the Professional Services team working with Project Managers on various cliThe incumbent will work within the Professional Services team working with Project Managers on various client projects possibly running simultaneously. The incumbent will be involved in the following duties:
Solution and service design
- Enhancing, or developing, new fulfilment solutions and processes across a variety of operational areas
- Develop, evaluate and agree both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Identify and agree business requirements and assumptions
- Identify and develop all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
- Gather requirements and assumptions, performing analysis and generating safe, productive, and economically viable designs
- Design productive, safe and value for money solutions, which fully meet business requirements
- Determine and specify any building requirements, assets or enabling works required
- Gain stakeholder agreement of processes and proposed solutions
- Deliver time-critical solutions, involving new challenges and technologies
- Mentoring and development of team members
- Propose, adapt, implement, deliver and configure optimized scalable Microsoft 365 solutions and related systems including Microsoft Exchange 2019, Exchange Online and hybrid-based messaging infrastructure as well as other Microsoft 365 services for Transputec clients including SharePoint Online, Teams and other collaboration services within the Microsoft 365 technology stack.
- Migration to MS Teams, One Drive for Business and SharePoint
- Solutions around M365 telephony
Key competencies include
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
- Fostering integration and teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflecting way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Communicate in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- At least eight years of relevant IT experience
- At least three years demonstrable experience delivering Microsoft 365 solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of the cloud technologies
- Demonstrable experience in deliverying projects in a variety of technology platforms
- Demonstrable experience designing and executing multiple migrations from on-premise to cloud based solutions
- Experience of integration of hybrid on-premise and cloud platforms; Plan and undertake research and assessment of emerging cloud technologies
- Proven experience in designing, delivering and supporting Windows Systems, Productivity Software and Active Directory that deliver mobile, flexible ways of working for the business
- Skilled in advanced troubleshooting
- A track record of promoting/evangelising enhanced services and business delivery through the appliance of cloud initiatives
- Experience of automation of processes
- Experience in Microsoft telephony solutions
- Evidence of outstanding working relationship with end users in exceeding their expectations
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in migrating projects from on-premise systems to cloud
- At least one year experience in scripting, in particular PowerShell scripting, to automate processes
- Experience analysing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2016/2019/Exchange Online
- Excellent knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
- Sound conceptual knowledge and hands-on experience of key Microsoft 365 services and features
- Sound conceptual knowledge of Active Directory / Azure Identity (Azure Active Directory, AAD Domain Services, AAD B2C, Azure Information Protection, SSO, MFA, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of SMTP Relay, Mail Gateway, Spam and Virus filtering systems (Mimecast or similar)
- Solid knowledge and experience on Microsoft Technology landscape including various server products
- Knowledge of general architecture, deployment and administration methodologies and techniques including systems configurations, clustering, OS administration (Windows/Linux), security, etc.
- Networking knowledge would be advantageous.
- Exposure in Information Security Management System (ISMS: ISO 27001), ITIL framework and other industry standards.
- Microsoft Certification(s)
- ITIL certification
- PRINCE2 certification