Product Development Executive provides leadership and management for the Development operation of the Services division within Crises Control. The role is accountable for the delivery of Projects and Services in line with Crises Control’s Business objectives.
Product Development executive ensures the growth of Crises Control Services to deliver Company’s Business Plan, by way of fostering existing client relationships, attracting new customers to Crises Control and meeting customers’ needs.
- The management of the Development division within Crises Control
- Contribute to the development of the Services Business Plan aligned to Crises Control’s Business objectives
- To provide leadership and drive change across the Services division to enable continued growth of Services in line with Business objectives
- To act as an escalation point for Project and Service delivery issues
- To ensure the Services division efficiently and effectively executes Project and Service delivery obligations
- To ensure revenue and growth targets are achieved by fostering existing customer relationships and securing new business opportunities
- To manage the supply chain to ensure effective 3rd party performance
- To initiate Continuous Improvement initiatives to ensure Crises Control continues to provide products and services which meet changing market needs and embrace new technologies in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure personal details are maintained for self, the Management Team and Services staff using the Company’s standard tool
- Ensure compliance with weekly and monthly time sheet completion requirements for Development staff
- Communicate to the Management Team any internal or client issues that concern them
- Ensure Training and Development Plans are developed, tracked and completed for the staff
- Ensure clearly defined objectives are developed, agreed, tracked and completed for the staff
- Hold quarterly Performance Review meetings with individual staff, and document
- Ensure staff comply with the Crises Control’s working practices
- Ensure that staff comply to all Crises Control policies and act on any breaches of policies appropriately
- Ensure any issues or complaints raised by staff are appropriately addressed, managed or escalated
- Manage recruitment of temporary and permanent members of the Team
- Monitor staff morale and offer help to raise the morale should the need arise
- Manage your working environment in accordance with Crises Control’s workplace policies
- Ensure all holiday requests are approved before any leave is taken or flights booked, etc.
- Ensure documentation and processes exist across the division and that they are in accordance with Crises Control’s standards and are regularly reviewed
- Ensure documentation standards and processes are adhered to by yourself and staff
- Establish Governance frameworks and processes across the division to ensure commercial viability of proposals and quality of project/ service deliverables
- Maintain a financial awareness of the costs incurred by the team
- Ensure that overtime is only authorised when the employee informs you beforehand and complete the ‘Overtime’ form.
- Ensure all external courses you or your staff are booked on are attended to avoid cancellation fees or non-attendance fees being charged
- Liaise with other managers and staff throughout the department to ensure the Department is functioning properly
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the department
- Produce a strategy for your area in line with the business strategy
- Take ownership of the area you manage and drive the team forward in line with business strategy
- Ensure Successor Plans are maintained for all your staff members and that sufficient training and tools are available to enable stand-in cover to be implemented easily
- Plan, initiate and measure service improvements when required
- Delegate tasks appropriately and effectively whilst maintaining ownership and responsibility
- Attend meetings as required based on work being undertaken
- Be an escalation point for quality matters raised by customers or within the division
- Assist the Management Team and staff in identifying solutions to problems
- Be flexible and be able to work out of hours when necessary
- Interpret and develop functionality from technical specifications, business requirements and design documents
- Design and develop all aspects of applications from database structure and access, through to business layer logic and onto the UI.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI usability.
- Liaise with other members of the team to produce specifications and design documents based on specific business requirements
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified bugs and react to problems correcting program as necessary
- When required establish a detailed specification through discussion with clients
- Devise possible solutions to predicted problems evaluating other options
- Supply detailed design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs
- Write detailed technical specifications for applications and identify integration points
- Produce documentation for users; responds rapidly to users requests for assistance
- Build tools to automate application support tasks, and create appropriate documentation.
- Estimate project timelines required to complete programming projects
- Support applications throughout the Product Development life cycle
- Remain involved in projects to ensure that it continues to meet client requirements and meets the time deadlines for completion.
- Provide support to meet SLAs.
- Build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with non-technical users, as well as with technical coworkers in software development roles, in identifying performance gaps and emerging opportunities, and addressing user needs and issues.
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience,
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing and implementing and maintaining applications.
- Knowledge of business functions
- Ability to communicate with other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles
- Technical skills including:
- C# and Asp.Net
- MS SQL Server/MySQL
- Web Services/WCF
- .Net 4.0
- Multimedia (Flash, Actionscript)
- CFS Script