The purpose of the Security function, is to bring the organization’s operational, technical and information security risks under explicit management control through the SOC services.
Within this position the successful Cyber Security Manager will take ownership of all operational, technical processes including:
- Security risk management
- Information and security operational incident management
- Direct Management and development of 24×7 SOC Team
- Incident Investigation including Root Cause Analysis, SIEM, SOAR, EDR
- Act as security Incident Manager for major security incidents (internal and external)
- Security assurance activities
- Quality & Compliance
- Maintain Cyber Essentials accreditations
- Maintain any internal and external security standards
- Maintain customer confidence and participate in external questionnaires/audits
- Testing of operational systems and processes for security hygiene quality control purposes
- Support a variety of business and commercial activities including SoW and Proposals
- Oversee and manage outcomes of internal and client penetration testing reports
- Provide Security Training to all staff (and clients as required)
- Accountable and responsible for Security Tooling & Training
- security factors such as HMG policy and good practice
- assurance requirements
- technical requirements
- selection of security technologies and controls
- physical security requirements
- Leadership and strategic direction for the function, ranging from planning and budgeting to motivational, promotional and training activities expounding the value of information management and security
- Liaison with and offer strategic direction to related governance functions (such as Physical Security/Facilities, Risk Management, IT, HR, Legal and Compliance) plus senior and middle managers throughout the organization as necessary, on information management and security matters such as routine security activities plus emerging security risks and control technologies
- Forms a “center of excellence” for information security management, for example offering internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on information security risk and control matters throughout the organization and promoting the commercial advantages of managing information security risks more efficiently and effectively
- Leads the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies etc. and applicable laws and regulations
- Advises and provides assistance to any staff looking for guidance on security related matters – either as a customer facing role or technical sales consultant
- Leads internal audits on all functions related to the Security Management Systems and Services
- Leads or commissions security risk assessments and controls selection activities
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience in security management and/or related functions (such as IT audit and IT Risk Management) ideally leading a SOC operation.
- Absolutely trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity (demonstrated by an unblemished career history, complete lack of criminal convictions etc.), and willing to undergo vetting and/or personality assessments to verify this if necessary
- Hands-on team leadership and management experience, ideally coupled with a suitable management qualification.
- Typically, a background in technical IT roles such as IT security & architecture, development or operations, with a clear and abiding interest in information security.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks.
- To build understanding and awareness of security issues throughout the organization, they must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good team working skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals
- An understanding of the available tools and technologies available to protect and monitor IS
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)