IQPC is a leading global provider of business-to-business conferences and events. Delivering around 2,000 conferences worldwide as well as webinars and online programmes, it requires cutting-edge technology to keep up with the demands of its fast-paced operation. With around 1,500 staff in nine offices across six continents, a robust IT system is crucial to its success.
IQPC were approaching the end of a lengthy outsourcing contract with their previous US based MSP. They were experiencing unresolved and ongoing technical issues – right across their IT estate. Repeatedly advised by their MSP to simply pay for more IaaS services, the underlying issues remained unresolved. The quality of customer service began to dwindle from their MSP.
There was a risk that the system failures were starting to impact business delivery, particularly in their London and New York hubs where the majority of their sales and event people are based. There was also a real concern about security breaches.
- Undertook a deep audit of core systems infrastructure and IaaS hosting (AWS)
- Explored network design and its suitability for IQPC’s requirements
- Identified and assessed network robustness, scalability and performance
- Conducted LAN security and network segmentation
- Assessed resilience and patching systems
- Carried out a thorough people audit of staff and key stakeholders
- Optimised AWS hosting and services
- Introduced pane of glass visibility
- Migrated to latest versions of Citrix Cloud and Office 365
- Adopted industry and vendor best practice
- Resourced ‘Boots on the Ground’ accredited IT experts in all 8 global locations
- Prepared for high volumes of traffic to our 24/7 call centres across the globe
- Achieved first phase of ‘Go Live’ after 3 months, moving on to BAU phase
- Continued pilots as part of an 8 phase transition period
- Deployed highly specialised team of experts, including BAU teams and support operations staff
- Continuing innovation and IT based business projects over next 3 years
- Further exploration of enhanced security, cybersecurity, and online ecommerce platforms
- Enhancing AWS service uptake and adoption
- Cloud First model
“We now have a system that is reliable, stable and performs across all our different markets and territories. Not only did Transputec provide us with a seamless low risk migration, they really got under the skin of our business, engaging with all our teams across the globe. They are constantly striving to improve and innovate our services. And they are 100% reliable. We trust them to do what they say they will do and they leave no stone unturned in solving a problem. They are great communicators and are always on, 24/7.“
IQPC Systems Support Manager, London