1. Role description:
The role of Senior Solutions Architect: Infrastructure is to ensure Transputec continues to provide solutions that meet changing Customer needs and which embrace leading technologies.
The Senior Solutions Architect works with the Pre-Sales technical team and Bid Lead to provide high level pre sales infrastructure design work which may lead on to more detailed solutions being architected. The Senior Solutions Architect is responsible for ensuring that all Infrastructure Solutions presented to Customers are approved PRIOR to formally being sold to any customer.
When projects are approved by the Customer the Senior Solutions Architect is actively involved in the project delivery, from both a hands-on perspective where their specific skill sets are required and also acting in an advisory role to other project team members.
Additionally, the Senior Solutions Architect is the final point of technical escalation where major incidents occur for Transputec’s Managed Services Customers that cannot be resolved by other technical staff.
- Identify new/ emerging technologies and practices from which Transputec can improve the Services Portfolio
- Oversee (and where necessary lead) the development of Infrastructure Solutions throughout the Proposal stage
- Ensure all Infrastructure Solutions offered to Customers have been subjected to Technical Assurance
- Liaise with Customers and Internal staff to ensure Transputec’s capabilities are understood
- Provide technical assurance throughout the delivery of Projects and make sure that the customer receives a quality end-product
- Escalate quality matters to Head of Services
- Assist fellow team members in identifying solutions to problems
3. Key Skills/Attributes
- Expert level knowledge (for both current and emerging technologies)
- Server and Storage Hardware, Operating Systems and Hypervisor Layers
- Networking & Security technologies (wifi, switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, etc.)
- Messaging platforms (i.e. MS Exchange)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service “cloud” technologies; including provisioning, management and delivery mechanisms
- Backup, Replication and Disaster Recovery technologies
- Ability to understand customer requirements and to architect a range of solutions (utilising the technologies above)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
All our vacancies require the applicant to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.