1. Role Description
The role of the Project Manager is to manage multiple internal and customer projects for Transputec customers to corporate Project Management standards (based on PRINCE2). It is a key role in the continuing development of Transputec as a professional service provider. The Project Manager will report to the PMO Manager. The Project Manager has no direct reports. Resources shall be assigned to the Project Manager for the duration of each project.
- Monitor Project performance by gathering relevant data, to develop and maintain Project Controls.
- Provide Highlight Reports for each project at the frequency agreed in the Communications Plan.
- Provide weekly input to PMO Manager Project Managers Report, containing anomalies and actions taken besides short summary and scorecard for all projects.
- Provide input into the monthly Pre-Board report and pass to the QA & Admin Support Services Director by last working day of each month.
- Create and execute project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed, requests resources from PMO manager and assign individual responsibilities upon confirmation of resource allocation.
- Ensure (where practical and possible) that all assigned project resources are notified in 2 days in advance for minor projects and 1 week before major projects, 2 weeks ahead in case of travel required.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to Transputec's clients.
- Effectively apply Transputec's methodology and enforce project standards.
- Minimise Transpute's exposure and risk on projects by ensuring technical and commercial assurance is provided prior to releasing Proposals and/or Change Requests to the Customer.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Review all documents produced by projects to ensure they comply with quality standards and are fully supportable.
- Manage resource allocation for project issue resolution with the recommendation of the project lead architect.
- Ensure that a contingency plan is set up for all projects.
- Ensure that Baseline Project Plan is approved by the PMO Manager in case of major projects.
- Organise and lead CAB meeting when needed.
- Ensure resources and clients have access and entitlements to the proper tools needed during the project including but not limited to licenses, software and hardware.
- Ensure proper RAID log maintenance for every project.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with stakeholders.
- Ensure that proper testing and back-out plans are in place when planning for Changes to be released into the Live Operation (i.e. Implementation and/ or Change Planning).
- Where projects result in Transputec providing ongoing support (i.e. Transition into Service type projects):
- Ensure the production of Inventory information and "As Built" Documentation as part of the Configuration Management and that any required aspect of the Asset and Configuration Management process is in place prior to Service Operation going live.
- Ensure that support toolsets, SLAs and Escalation channels, and Customer Communication channels are in place prior to Service Operation going live.
- Ensure that the Support/ Operations Team impacted by the new service have been adequately briefed/ trained prior to Service Operation going live.
- Ensure that a resource forecast has been produced for the ongoing operation of the service.
Project Financial & Commercial Management:
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understand Transputec’s pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Ensures requirements are captured and understood and that full consideration is given to all required aspects of the project lifecycle as part of the creation of proposals for projects.
- Identify business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Lead proposal efforts including completing Terms of Reference and Estimating elements.
- Effectively convey Transputec’s message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a regular basis.
- Manage project budget.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follow up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Notify PMO Manager and client for any finance overspends and resulting PCRs.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
3. Key Measurements:
- Project delivery is in accordance with stated Terms of Reference (subject to Change Control).
- Projects are invoiced in accordance with the agreed Billing schedule.
- All required project records (i.e. P&L, RAID Log, Project Plan) are maintained regularly and are available at the agreed shared location.
- Highlight Reports submitted to the Customer at agreed frequencies.
4. Required Skills
- PRINCE2 Certification
- Familiar with Agile and waterfall methodologies
- 5 Years minimum previous Project Management experience
- Previous experience working in an IT Service provider environment is essential, ideally with exposure to Government services
- Ability to lead teams effectively both through structured coaching and delivering by example
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Competent in in project management tools and ability to manage own project administration
- Committed to succeed
- To be an ambassador for the Company and its services
All our vacancies require the applicant to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.