1. Role description:
This is a pivotal senior role within the company to help drive and set the culture (diversity and inclusion, customer focussed and fun), learning environment, and talent management strategy for a fast-growing global technology company. The role summary responsibilities include:
- Talent Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Learning & Development
- Succession planning and strategy
Provide a professional HR service to the company covering the key responsibilities outline below:
- Talent Management – creating and driving a continuous learning environment and developing our colleagues to develop and grow
- Recruitment – developing and executing practical channels for talent identification and recruitment which is not through agency channels e.g. social and business media platforms, network of referrals etc
- Retention – ensuring the best talent is retained, motivated and rewarded
- Coaching & Mentoring – developing techniques and processes to allow managers and colleagues to be supported and learn
- Learning & Development - develop and maintain multi-faceted approach to training and improving Transputec colleagues and managers
- Succession planning and strategy – developing a framework to ensure all key roles have structure succession options and opportunities
3 General Responsibilities
Line report to a Board Director.
- Assist in providing a HR service that supports and enables the business strategy of Transputec
- Engage with and promote the core Company Values
- Develop a learning strategy and operational plan
- Devise and implement a management competency plan/initiative
- Reporting of HR strategy to the Board
4.1 Talent Management
Seek to attract, identify, develop, engage, retain and deploy individuals who are considered particularly valuable to our organisation. Build a high-performance workplace, encourage a learning organisation, add value to our branding agenda, and contribute to diversity management. Talent management is a key priority for the business.
Integrate the talent management business strategy within all of the employee-related processes of the organisation. Engage with managers who have reporting staff (talent) and all employees to educate them in talent management to attract and retain talented employees. Create an effective strategy which involves the sharing of information about talented employees and their potential career paths across the organisation. This will enable various departments to identify available talent when opportunities are made or arise. This will enable succession planning which benefits the employees and benefits our organisation. 4.2 In-House Recruitment
- Devise and implement in house recruitment operation plan
- Recruitment – work with hiring managers to ensure the entire recruitment process is structured and managed effectively and administered in a professional and timely manner aligned to our diversity and inclusion aims.
- Contact potential or existing candidates to inform them about current opportunities
- Work with managers to produce pre-selected questions to understand if the candidate is well suited to the company values and role being filled
- Screen resumes and applications and update candidates on hiring processes
- Interview candidates as required during various hiring stages
- Collaborate with hiring managers to write job ads for current openings
4.3 Learning & Development
Develop a strategy outlining how to develop our workforce's capabilities, skills and competencies to remain successful.
Through learning and development, aim to improve group and individual performance by increasing and honing skills and knowledge. Learning and development should form part of our talent management strategy and should be designed to align group and individual goals and performance with the organisation’s overall vision and goals.
On a practical level, identify skills gaps among groups and teams and find suitable training to fill these gaps.
4.4 Coaching & Mentoring
Develop a strategy and operational plan to ensure continuous learning and coaching and mentoring is at the heart of our business.
5 Key Measurements
- Reporting of HR activities and KPIs to the Strategic Board
- Staff retention
- Diversity and Inclusion criteria
- Workforce progression (Balanced Scorecard)
- Succession plans in place
- Training completion and applied in the workplace
6 Attributes Required
The ideal candidate will have the below skills and experience;
- CIPD (or equivalent) qualification
- 5 years’ experience in a Senior HR Manager or Business Partner role
- Proven generalist HR experience, with demonstrable experience of coaching and mentoring, employee development and recruitment
- Strong business partnering skills, with the ability to influence and coach at all levels
- Demonstrable experience in working with Managers to implement change.
- Strong customer and delivery focus
- Experienced in undertaking Recruitment, especially online direct recruitment
- A tenacious, positive and self-motivated individual with a goal-orientated approach to work with an ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Time management and organisational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities and communicate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team-working skill
- Solid understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities and demands and willing to learn on the job
- Previous experience of working within the IT sector or industry would be useful
- Experience of, and qualified in, the use of psychometrics tools would be advantageous.
All our vacancies require the applicant to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.