Providing services to multiple clients we invite you to join our team who service multiple clients on a once, twice a week or full week basis thereby offering you variety and stimulation as well as involvement in new technologies.
1. Role Description
The role is to provide 2nd line support for all customer services (internal and external) in end-user computing operations including client hardware, client operating systems, client applications, printing and network connectivity in accordance with agreed procedures for Incident, Problem, Change, Release and Configuration Management to defined customer service levels.
- To ensure quality and timely delivery of all 2nd line desktop support services both telephonically and deskside.
- To assist in the delivery of IT projects.
- To deliver 2nd line services at various client locations.
3. Technical Responsibilities:
- Deliver 2nd line support activities and duties
- Desktop/laptop imaging, builds and repairs
- Server build, configuration and installation
- Attend meetings as required based on work being undertaken
- Escalate quality matters to team leader
- Assist fellow team members in identifying solutions to problems
- Be flexible and be able to work out of hours on occasion when necessary
- Is able to analyse, diagnose, troubleshoot problems, within set SLA's
- Able to work methodically and logically
- Is able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Server hardware/software builds
- Exposure to Active Directory on Windows Server 2012 and upwards
- Some exposure to MS Exchange & VirusScan
- Networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 and upwards
- Microsoft Office 365
- Remote Desktop Servers
- Windows 7/8/10 Desktop OS Support
- Ability to learn quickly and to follow processes
- Windows 10 migration rollouts
- Identifying and responding to calls in a professional manner
4. Required Skills
- 2-3 years in a similar 2nd line position
- Good hardware knowledge (server, laptop, desktop and printers)
- A+ certification
- Cabling knowledge
- Microsoft MCP would be an advantage
All our vacancies require the applicant to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.