Request a Quote | Call us +44 (0) 20 8584 1400
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Sign Up for a 7-Day Free Trial account
You can try out the Transputec Virtual Desktop in the Cloud service free for 7 days. Sign up for a free trial by clicking below.
Get your confirmation with login details
As soon as your account is created you will be able to use your hosted virtual desktop in the cloud (VDI).
Your VDI in the Cloud will be online in few minutes
Our Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solution allows you to access a fully functional cloud based desktop with all of the comforts of a locally based desktop. Start using it.
Create Your Account
Sign up for a free trial account to get started with the VDI experience. Your free trial includes:
- Microsoft Windows 7 like desktop
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
(the package includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access, Publisher)
- 10GB Storage
- 1mb Internet (speed)
- 24/7/365 remote support
Get access to the VDI on any device, anywhere
VDI, or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, is a method of decoupling your operating system and applications from your physical device - meaning that your users can securely access your corporate IT services via a secure desktop online, from any device in any location.
It is one of the many cloud services to become popular in recent years - its popularity is largely due to the huge benefits it provides given its simplicity and ease of implementation.
Virtual Desktop ready to use
You can start working almost immediately. Making upgrades is really straightforward and you only pay for what you need.
You can easily integrate with your existing corporate environment installing any line of business applications you need.
You can benefit from everything you would normally have access to on your company network.
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7||Microsoft Windows 7||Microsoft Windows 7|
|Office Suite||OpenOffice Suite||Microsoft Office Pro*||Microsoft Office Pro* + Visio|
|Data Storage**||10 GB Disk Space||10 GB Disk Space||10 GB Disk Space|
|Email Storage||25GB Email Archive||25GB Email Archive||25GB Email Archive|
|Spam & Antivirus||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Internet Speed||1 Mb||1 Mb||1 Mb|
*the package includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher.
**Additional data storage - £1 per GB.
Different companies have different views on data sovereignty and security. This is fine – we can help, wherever you stand on those concerns.
- Some of our customers prefer to run VDI from their own data centre, where all of their other services are hosted. That's no problem. We can help you design and implement your own VDI solution using best-of-breed technologies that you support, or we can help with that too.
- Some of our customers want us to host the VDI service in the cloud on our hosting platform, but they don't want to share resources with any other customers. That's no problem. We can build a dedicated environment (servers and storage) specifically for you, which we continue to manage and support - we can still provide a pay-as-you use charging model, which requires no upfront investment and allows the service to scale with you as you grow.
- Some of our customers are happy to run their VDI service in the cloud on our hosting platform and aren't worried about sharing resources with other customers. On the shared platform, all data is segregated and subscription rates are managed so that security and performance is assured.
The shared platform is the lowest-cost option, with a prices starting at £29 for a Windows desktop, Email, 10GB data and unlimited 24/7/365 user support. Irrespective of the route you go down, with VDI you can customise the service to include all of your corporate applications and security policies, so that the user experience is the same as running a local-install of the company operating system.
Our AlwaysON support is here to help you with Virtual Desktop. Your users can call the AlwaysOn IT Helpdesk at any time of the day, from any location. They don't even need to be connected to the Internet - we are happy to guide users to resolve problems over the phone if we can't remotely control their device.
- 24/7/365 telephone support
- 99.9% availability SLA
- Basic guidance to create, setup and manage Transputec VDI via the Log On Panel
- Authentication troubleshooting and verification
- Verify Transputec infrastructure availability and system status
- Provide documentation if needed